The Ministry of Justice informs that the non-governmental organizations and extra-parliamentary parties included in the Constitutional Reform Council have been elected.
From the 5 applications submitted by the non-governmental organizations that met the criteria recognized as meeting the criteria of the Prime Minister’s decision, the following candidates were selected:
1. “Vanadzor Office of the Helsinki Citizens’ Assembly” NGO (candidate: Arthur Sakunts).
2. “Union of Informed Citizens” NGO (candidate: Daniel Ioannisyan).
3. “Europe of Law” NGO (candidate: Tigran Yegoryan).
The following candidates were selected from the applications submitted by the extra-parliamentary parties:
1. “Bright Armenia” party (candidate: Edmon Marukyan).
2. “Republic” party (candidate: Masis Melkonyan).
“The list of candidates will be submitted to the Prime Minister’s Office, subject to approval by the Prime Minister’s decision on the formation of the Constitutional Reform Council, together with the full composition of the council,” the Ministry of Justice said.
According to the decision of the Prime Minister by the Ministry of Justice in 2021 A competition for candidates for members of the Constitutional Reform Council was announced on December 21. 7 non-governmental organizations registered in Armenia and 5 extra-parliamentary parties showed interest in participating in the competition.